About the job
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and increasing the market share of Royal Ahrend within the current international customer base Besides this, you are also responsible for the acquisition of new international customers by being a talented pioneer and a very good international networker who has an eye for commercial opportunities, you are partner at all levels.
Our International IKAM Team is authorized and responsible to manage our international customers, who have presence in EMEA and/or globally. The team works closely with our regional international sales teams. The team is being supported by the International Customer Service team which provides all services, support and coordination activities to deliver the “Local for Local“ level, increasing the international customer experience and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsible for effectuating an integral Agile way of working within the IKAM team;
- Effective coordination, motivation and sharing of knowledge across the company;
- The management of existing international key accounts, increasing customer satisfaction, market share and margin, by amongst others, creating a sustainable customer relationship;
- Maintain and expand contacts at strategic and tactical level with the DMUs of these customers;
- Translating office trends and developments into new concepts;
- Informing and advising architects and influencers of Ahrend capabilities and product & services proposition;
- Supervising complex, extensive, lengthy international tendering processes;
- Advising about and selling of the Royal Ahrend products & services;
- Establish and follow up on the key account plan;
- Identifying international promotional activities to support our international expansion;
- Actively informing your international key account team about developments in your international customer portfolio and acquisition processes;
- Actively support the international key account team in projects;
- Actively support the Ahrend distribution;
- Searching and selecting new distribution opportunities for Ahrend;
- Identification of trends and developments within (international) the product range, market and customer segments and translate these into recommendations and actions;
- Actively setting up and maintaining your relationship network, e.g. making use of Social Media;
- Provides management information.
Required / Preferred Experience, skills & qualifications
- A great team player and communicator with a good eye for detail.
- Bachelor/ Masters degree with relevant experience, preferably RE&FM related and/or in International Account Management;
- A customer-focused professional, with 5-10 years of relevant experience in an international B2B environment in which she/he has proven to be successful in selling to and management of multinational companies;
- Preferably has a network of influencers in the field of RE & FM and/or international procurement.
- You have affinity with the sector/target customers;
- Experience with complex, lengthy international tendering processes;
- You have a well-developed economic insight;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and professional person with a 'will do' mentality;
- Result oriented, commercial, ambitious and disciplined;
- You control the sales process in all of its aspects; from cold calling to after-sales;
- You take ownership and are solution-driven;
- You have the right skills and attitudes;
- You are flexible and respond quickly and effectively;
- You report accurately;
- Good verbal and social skills including being fluent in Dutch & English, verbal and in writing. German, French and Spanish is a plus;
- Cultural sensitivity
- Good knowledge of business applications e.g. Microsoft Office, CRM, social media, etc.
- You are willing to travel 40% of the time
What do we offer?
A challenging position, where you can make full use of your talents and developing them further in a fast paced environment, supported by comprehensive salary& benefits package and further career opportunities.
Interested? Apply now!
To learn more about our international operation and this challenging position, please contact Mike Caljouw, mobile +31610699639. Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference ‘IKAM’.
About Royal Ahrend
Founded in 1896, Royal Ahrend is an international leader in office furniture committed to delivering highly collaborative and sustainable working environments to end users around the world. Our furniture and space solutions are designed to encourage the wellbeing and productivity of the people and excel in durability and flexibility. Royal Ahrend operates own sales offices in more than 20 countries, including China, Russia and U.A.E., through a portfolio of four well recognized brands: Ahrend, Gispen, Presikhaaf and Techo. Our innovative solutions for office, learning, healthcare and retail environments are inspired by our highly qualified and dedicated experts who interact and co-create every day with end users around the world.
Royal Ahrend. Leading the future of collaborative working.